The Curators were appointed provisionally on 19 December 2017 by the North Gauteng High Court. The order was made final on 19 March 2018.
The order requires the Curator to do the following:
- To take control manage and investigate the business and operations of the MCPF;
- The curator is vested with all executive powers which would ordinarily be exercised by the board of trustees and the Principle Officer;
- At all times act in the best interests of the members of the MCPF;
- Authorised to pay benefits;
- Take custody of all the assets of the MCPF;
- Directed to undertake any investigation on irregularities committed by the fund, the board of trustees, officers and service providers of the MCPF;
- Authorised to institute or prosecute any legal proceeding civil or criminal on behalf of the MCPF;
- Curators powers stem from the court order that was circulated and are in our view wide and allows us to investigate and prosecute any instances of civil or criminal action.
- Mrs Peppy Kekana and Mr Juanito Damons were appointed final curators to the fund.